- Nov 14 2020
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Invasive Species Removal at Pacific Spirit Regional Park [POSTPONED]
[Due to the recent Health Order, this event has been postponed until further notice]
Pacific Spirit Park Society (PSPS) does restoration work year-round in Pacific Spirit Regional Park and we are invited to help out and volunteer with them! They are working on doing some invasive species removal for their new restoration site and need some extra hands to get dirty, get outside, and get involved!
Who can join: Youth aged 12-18 and their families!
When: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
What are we doing: Invasive Species Removal at Pacific Spirit Regional Park
Where do we meet: Pacific Spirit Regional Park – Queen Elizabeth Elementary School Parking Lot
4102 16 Ave, Vancouver BC
We will send out specifics of where in the park we will be meeting once you have registered!
What should I bring?
- Water bottle (reusable if possible!)
- a snack (Due to COVID, we are refraining from sharing snacks but we will have some emergency, single-serve snacks for those who forget!)
- sturdy pair of shoes (runners are fine)
- **We will be asking all participants to wear masks while working. We will have disposable masks available for those who do not have, but we encourage you to bring your own reusable masks!**
- A good hearted spirit to get to work!
Experience Needed: None! We welcome any and all volunteers, just make sure to register.
How do I register: through our online registration portal: Registration under “Volunteer and Youth Council Events 2020”
- Masks required, we will provide for those who do not have
- Small group – No more than 10 volunteers + 2 staff
- We encourage family groups to join us to minimize interacting between bubbles!
- Physically distant – CTS and MV staff are all trained in group management, markers will be placed to encourage proper spacing
- Contact tracing – All those who show up at the site, whether participating or just dropping your child off, will be asked to provide contact information that will be used only in the case of outbreak. The information will otherwise not be distributed or used in any way.
- Pre-screening required – All participants attending must fill out our pre-screening form; all participants that have symptoms or have travelled outside of Canada are not permitted to participate. This form will be sent out after registration confirmation.
For any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rafa at 604-562-0583.