Native Species Planting at Pacific Spirit Regional Park [Postponed]
[Due to the recent Health Order, this event has been postponed until further notice]
Pacific Spirit Park Society has been hard at work on a restoration site right beside our CTS Campground and they need OUR help! Get a chance to give back to the parks, learn about some of the amazing restoration work being done in Pacific Spirit, and get your hands dirty in maintaining and restoring a beautiful habitat!
Part 2: We’ll be planting a variety of native plants in the hopes to create habitable environment for the endangered Red-Legged Frog!
- Water bottle (reusable if possible!)
- a snack (Due to COVID, we are refraining from sharing snacks but we will have some emergency, single-serve snacks for those who forget!)
- sturdy pair of shoes (runners are fine)
- **We will be asking all participants to wear masks while working. We will have disposable masks available for those who do not have, but we encourage you to bring your own reusable masks!**
- A good hearted spirit to get to work!
- Masks required, we will provide for those who do not have
- Small group – No more than 10 volunteers + 2 staff
- We encourage family groups to join us to minimize interacting between bubbles!
- Physically distant – CTS and MV staff are all trained in group management, markers will be placed to encourage proper spacing
- Contact tracing – All those who show up at the site, whether participating or just dropping your child off, will be asked to provide contact information that will be used only in the case of outbreak. The information will otherwise not be distributed or used in any way.
- Pre-screening required – All participants attending must fill out our pre-screening form; all participants that have symptoms or have travelled outside of Canada are not permitted to participate. This form will be sent out after registration confirmation.