- Oct 24 2020
- 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Riparian Planting at Stanley Park
Something a little bit different than usual; we’re being hosted by Stanley Park Ecology Society to do some riparian planting! They have a few planting events being run and are in need of volunteers and CTS is going to lend a hand to do some awesome stewardship outside of our usual Regional Parks! Have you ever wanted to see what goes on behind the scenes in one of the biggest “urban” parks in the world? Well come over and get involved!
Who can join: Youth aged 12-18 and their families!
When: 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
What are we doing: Riparian Planting Event
Where do we meet: Stanley Park – Vancouver Aquarium Parking Lot (in front of the big Whale!)
845 Avison Way, Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2
What should I bring?
- Water bottle (reusable if possible!)
- a snack (Due to COVID, we are refraining from sharing snacks but we will have some emergency, single-serve snacks for those who forget!)
- sturdy pair of shoes (runners are fine, just no sandals!)
- Work gloves (if you don’t have, we will provide! Our gear is sanitized before and after each event)
- **We will be asking all participants to wear masks while working. We will have disposable masks available for those who do not have, but we encourage you to bring your own reusable masks!**
- A good hearted spirit to get to work!
Experience Needed: None! We welcome any and all volunteers, just make sure to register.
How do I register: through our online registration portal.**There is extra paperwork required for this event that will be sent out upon registration. Registration through CTS portal still required**
- Masks required, we will provide for those who do not have
- Small group – No more than 10 volunteers 2 staff
- Physically distant – CTS and MV staff are all trained in group management, markers will be placed to encourage proper spacing
- Contact tracing – All those who show up at the site, whether participating or just dropping your child off, will be asked to provide contact information that will be used only in the case of outbreak. The information will otherwise not be distributed or used in any way.
- Pre-screening required – All participants attending must fill out our pre-screening form; all participants that have symptoms or have travelled outside of Canada are not permitted to participate. This form will be sent out after registration confirmation.
For any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rafa at 604-562-0583.