- Aug 31 2020
- 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Stewardship Project – Invasive Species Removal at Sapperton Landing
Who can join: Youth aged 12-18 and their families!
When: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
What are we doing: Invasive Species Removal at Sapperton Landing
Where do we meet: Sapperton Landing
60 E Columbia St, New Westminster, BC V3L 3V8
We will send out specifics of where in the park we will be meeting once you have registered!
What should I bring?
- Water bottle (reusable if possible!)
- a snack (Due to COVID, we are refraining from sharing snacks but we will have some emergency, single-serve snacks for those who forget!)
- sturdy pair of shoes (runners are fine)
- **For this stewardship project, due to the tighter space and moving parts, we will be asking all participants to wear masks while working. We will have disposable masks available for those who do not have, but we encourage you to bring your own reusable masks!**
- A good hearted spirit to get to work!
Experience Needed: None! We welcome any and all volunteers, just make sure to register.
How do I register: through our online registration portal.
- Masks required, we will provide for those who do not have
- Small group – No more than 10 volunteers + 2 staff
- Physically distant – CTS and MV staff are all trained in group management, markers will be placed to encourage proper spacing
- Contact tracing – All those who show up at the site, whether participating or just dropping your child off, will be asked to provide contact information that will be used only in the case of outbreak. The information will otherwise not be distributed or used in any way.
- Pre-screening required – All participants attending must fill out our pre-screening form; all participants that have symptoms or have travelled outside of Canada are not permitted to participate.
For any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to reach out to email@example.com or call Rafa at 604-562-0583.