VARC Bird Banding Visit
The Vancouver Avian Research Center is dedicated to researching, conserving, and educating the public about wild birds! Operating in Colony Farms Regional Park, they have various different programs including bird banding, monitoring, and public outreach in order to protect birds and their natural habitats!
They are hosting us at their research base in Colony Farms where we will have a peak at their bird banding program and see what they’re doing to help learn about and protect the birds!
When: Sunday, August 29 @ 7:30AM – 10:00AM **
**PLEASE NOTE** we are meeting quite early in the morning! The bird banders get up at the crack of dawn to catch the birds before they go about their day so be prepared for an early rise
Meeting Location: Vancouver Avian Research Center at Colony Farm Regional Park
**There will be specific directions sent to you upon registration, you can also check their website for more info
- Water bottle (reusable if possible!)
- a snack (Due to COVID, we are refraining from sharing snacks but we will have some emergency, single-serve snacks for those who forget!)
- VARC has asked for all participants to please wear a mask
- Masks required, we will provide for those who do not have
- Small group – No more than 10 volunteers + 2 staff
- Socially distant, when possible – CTS and MV staff are all trained in group management, markers will be placed to encourage proper spacing
- Contact tracing – All those who show up at the site, whether participating or just dropping your child off, will be asked to provide contact information that will be used only in the case of outbreak. The information will otherwise not be distributed or used in any way.
- Pre-screening required – All participants attending must fill out our pre-screening form; all participants that have symptoms or have travelled outside of Canada are not permitted to participate.