Wellness Wednesdays at the CTS Community Garden
Come relax and unwind with CTS by spending time rejuvenate our community garden at CTS HQ. Learn some basics of gardening and planting, contribute to our community, and take home a plant for you to grow at home!
Who can join: Youth aged 12-18!
When: 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
What are we doing: Weeding, planting, pulling, and raking! Oh, and of course, having fun.
Where do we meet: Burnaby Lake Regional Park – Aintree House/CTS HQ
6825 Cariboo Road, Burnaby BC
What should I bring?
- Water bottle (reusable if possible!)
- a snack (Due to COVID, we are refraining from sharing snacks but we will have some emergency, single-serve snacks for those who forget!)
- sturdy pair of shoes (runners are fine)
- Some clothes to get a bit dirty in
- A good hearted spirit to get to work!
Experience Needed: None! We welcome any and all volunteers, just make sure to register.
How do I register: through our online registration portal: Registration under “Volunteer and Youth Council Events 2021”
- Masks required, we will provide for those who do not have
- Small group – No more than 10 volunteers + 2 staff
- We encourage family groups to join us to minimize interacting between bubbles!
- Physically distant – 2 meters distance will always be observed
- Contact tracing – All those who show up at the site, whether participating or just dropping your child off, will be asked to provide contact information that will be used only in the case of outbreak. The information will otherwise not be distributed or used in any way.
- Pre-screening required – All participants attending must fill out our pre-screening form; all participants that have symptoms or have travelled outside of Canada are not permitted to participate. This form will be sent out after registration confirmation.
For any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to reach out to email@example.com or call Rafa at 604-562-0583.