- About Us
- Get Involved
- COVID-19 Protocols
Fall in the Forest
No event found!
Exploring connections between people, plants and parks
Join us for weekly nature walks focused on rejuvenation and education in Metro Vancouver Regional Parks. Each program will have a theme based on the intersection of people and the outdoors such as learning about the Season of Fall at Burnaby Lake or the importance of Watersheds at Capilano.
The programs will be supervised by CTS staff but will have what we call Walk Leaders; youth who are given the opportunity to share a teaching moment with the rest of the group! They are all previous CTS participants and, guess what, you can be one as well! Want to volunteer as a Walk Leader? See this document for more info on how!
Due to the current pandemic, we have meticulously followed the guidelines of various health authorities, outdoor programming experts, and public safety guidelines to ensure that our programs are safe for our participants, our staff, and our leaders.
Here are the major steps we have taken to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Completely outdoor programming: Outdoor settings have been proven to greatly reduce the chance of transmission for the COVID-19 virus
- Short and small: Less than 3 hours long and with no more than 10 participants total
- Pre-screening and contact tracing: Our protocols have been revamped to include a higher level of tracing and all participants and staff are required to pass a pre-screening test to ensure they are eligible to join
- Physically distant, socially together: Our staff and leaders have all been trained to ensure physical distancing is maintained! All of the activities are designed to be physically distant, yet just as fun, engaging, and interactive!
Who is this for?
Are you aged 12-18 who:
- Are sick of online zoom classes?
- Want a weekly chance to breath some fresh air?
- Loves the outdoors and can’t get enough of it?
- Have never seen a tree before and have no idea what all the fuss is about?
- Are interested in learning more about the world around you?
- Has nothing better to do at home and bored?
- Loves to have fun?
If you said yes to any of these questions then this program is for you! Completely free and open to anyone who wants to join, we aim to get everyone outside and developing their own relationship with nature!
What will I do?
Each program will include:
- An icebreaker to introduce everyone
- A teaching moment from the Walk Leader
- An activity focused on one (or more!) of the 5 CTS principles: Leadership, Team Building, Jumping Into Nature, Environmental Stewardship, and Having FUN!
All activities will be designed to be interactive, engaging, and teach respect and relationship building with nature!
Where will I be?
We will be exploring different Metro Vancouver Regional Parks! See the schedule for where we will be each week! Most parks are accessible by public transit and more information on specific meeting locations is shown at each event.
All programs are designed to best take advantage of the ecology, land, and people of their own park so be sure to check them all out!
When can I go?
We have programs running every Sunday from 1PM to 4PM from October to December! See above or here for the schedule.
Go to our registration page now to register!