Join CTS for our Halloween events! Wear a costume, walk around Burnaby Lake Regional Park, and identify some of the “monsters” of nature.
Due to the current pandemic, we have meticulously followed the guidelines of various health authorities, outdoor programming experts, and public safety guidelines to ensure that our programs are safe for our participants, our staff, and our leaders.
Here are the major steps we have taken to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Completely outdoor programming: Outdoor settings have been proven to greatly reduce the chance of transmission for the COVID-19 virus
- Short and small: Less than 3 hours long and with no more than 10 participants total
- Pre-screening and contact tracing: Our protocols have been revamped to include a higher level of tracing and all participants and staff are required to pass a pre-screening test to ensure they are eligible to join
- Physically distant, socially together: Our staff and leaders have all been trained to ensure physical distancing is maintained! All of the activities are designed to be physically distant, yet just as fun, engaging, and interactive!
Who is this for?
Youth and their families.
Friday, October 30th from 4:30pm – 6:30pm and Saturday, October 31st from 1:00pm – 3:00pm are events for youth and families (recommended age: 10-15).
Saturday, October 31st from 5:00pm – 7:00pm is specifically for teens ages 15 to 18.
What will I do?
Walk, learn about invasive species and have some Halloween fun!
Where will I be?
Our meeting spot is at Picken House – 6825 Cariboo Rd Burnaby, BC. We will then proceed to walk partially around Burnaby Lake!
What should I bring?
- Water bottle (reusable if possible!)
- A snack (Due to COVID, we are refraining from sharing snacks but we will have some emergency, single-serve snacks for those who forget!)
- Sturdy pair of shoes (runners are fine, just no sandals!)
- A costume
- **We will be asking all participants to wear masks while walking. We will have disposable masks available for those who do not have, but we encourage you to bring your own reusable masks!*
Go to our online registration portal to register!