We’re proud of the things we’ve been able to accomplish and thankful for the generosity of our supporters as we support youth to reach their maximum potential. Here’s a look at this year’s statistics:
Last year, we hosted 506 campers! That’s over 500 local youth connected with nature, each other, and their environment, completely free and accessible to all.
Our change-making youth logged 3,940 volunteer hours in Metro Vancouver’s regional parks, learning to give back to the natural spaces they spend so much time learning and playing in.
26 Park Projects
In those thousands of hours spent volunteering in regional parks, CTS Youth took on 26 projects such as amphibian habitat restoration, watershed protection and bug counts.
The impact of CTS Youth Society on our campers:
- Connecting with nature and overcoming “nature deficit disorder”
- Making lifelong friendships and memories
- Personal growth and development (we are for youth, by youth after all!)
- Becoming (and staying) physically active
- Building leadership skills and confidence
- Learning new outdoor skills
- Building resumes for career, post-secondary and scholarship applications
- Having fun and carving out time to just be a kid, regardless of financial circumstance
CTS was an opportunity for a kid who grew up in the city to foster a love for nature that has never stopped growing.Rafa Narciso